I got really excited about this new foundation after watching missglamorazzi’s first impressions video. Now it has finally been released in the UK! In the US there are 14 to 16 shades, of which the Boots website promises to release 10 in the near future. The foundation can already be found in Boots and Superdrugs stores – my local ones had about 6 different shades.
Without further ado, here’s my review.
This is what my skin looks like without any make up, just moisturizer. Please note that I have something of a normal to dry skin with a tendency to get a slightly shiny nose, plus blemishes.
Here’s me with one layer of the foundation applied with my fingers, without a primer (in the shade 150 nude):
As you can see, the coverage is light to medium with my darker spots still pretty visible, but it does have a lovely natural finish and generally evens out my skin tone. It is definitely not a matt finish, but not overly dewy or glowy either – I guess that fits with the whole “nearly naked” concept. It is pretty liquidy and easy to apply, and feels light on my skin. I definitely like it!
Here’s the final look with my every day make up added:
Overall I really like this foundation because it is so lightweight and has a natural finish. The lasting power is also pretty good considering I didn’t use a primer. I don’t think I like it as much as the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, but it is so so much cheaper!
At the moment both the foundation and the powder are 2 pounds off at Superdrug, and Boots has 3 for 2 on all Revlon. The normal price is £8.99 for the foundation and £7.99 for the powder.
If you are interested, the other products I used are:
- Vichy Dermablend foundation as concealer for blemishes (in the shade opal)
- Maybelline Dream Lumi touch as under eye concealer (in the shade ivory)
- Revlon Nearly Naked pressed power on my nose (in the shade light)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay blush (in the shade exposed) *Thank you to @bellepetronelle for bringing this back from the US for me!
- Rimmel Eye shadow quad (in 002 smokey brown)
- Shu Uemura FAKE eyelash curlers (failed Ebay purchase, *sigh”)
- Urban Decay Cannnonball mascara
- Mac Lustre Lipstick in Hug me
I will do a review of all my natural and understated Mac Lipsticks soon!