Last week I promised to post a makeup tutorial for Marion Cotillard’s Vogue cover look.
You may be wondering what happened to that. Err …
I can’t get it right. I’ve tried, and I am not happy with the result. However, I have figured out the following:
- There is a bronze base all over the lid
- The darker colour around the lash lines is neither straight black, dark brown, nor dark blue, but something in between
- If you blend the colours too much, you just end up with a generic brown smokey eye
- This looks to me like some creme eye shadows were just roughly smudged on to give it a “lived in” look
- So I’ve tried using Maybelline color tattoos in On and on Bronze and Immortal Charcoal – didn’t quite work!
- I really can’t figure out how to get this wet/metallic look as opposed to just shimmery
Any thoughts? How would you approach this look? What products would you use? Please help me ^_^.