I’ve never experimented much with smokey eyes because I find it difficult to make them work for my eyeshape. Lots of dark eyeshadow directly around my lashlines looks odd on me, I always go for darker colours in the crease. However, I’ve been admiring
Lisa Eldridge other people’s smokey looks for a while now and I am determined to make this work for me. Here is a first attempt… I wanted it to work in the daytime, so skipped gel liner, etc.
– YSL Youth Liberator foundation in B30
– Maybelline Dream Lumi touch concealer in Ivory under the eyes
– Nars deep throat blush
– Nars Laguna bronzer in an attempt to contour my nose
– Nars light reflecting loose setting powder
– Rimmel Exaggerate eye-shadow primer
– Nars Fairy’s kiss eyeshadow palette (light lilac over the lid, matte grey in the outer corner/lower lashline/eyebrows, matte black in the centre of the outer corner, with plenty of blending in between)
– Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Uzi (grey) along top lashline
– Gosh Volumateur waterproof mascara (new love)
– Rimmel Scandaleyes nude eyeliner in the waterline (I tried a dark grey first – looked aweful!)
– Nothing, just Nuxe Reve de miel lipbalm
This is probably my go-to look for an evening out or a special occasion. I keep coming back to it – matte red lips paired with winged eye liner. I don’t think this look will ever go out of fashion.
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20, Vichy Dermablend in Opal to conceal spots, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Ivory for under the eyes. Sleek face form palette in Light for contouring. Catrice Multi Colour blush.
Sin from the Naked palette up to the crease, Virgin as brow bone highlight. I used matte beige and brown eyeshadows for subtle contouring in the crease and the outer corner. For this I used the Accessorize lovely day palette (reviewed here) and an Une mono eyeshadow. Brown eyeshadow under the lower lash line. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof kohl kajal in Nude on the water line. Collection 2000 extreme 24 hour felt tip liner in Black, Urban Decay Cannonball mascara.
Absolute Power by Mac (see my review here).
1. For my face I used Dr. Jart’s Waterfuse BB cream, Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Ivory (under eyes) and Vichy Dermablend liquid foundation in Opal (on dark spots)
2. For the eyes, I used the Urban Decay Naked Palette.
- I applied “Sidecar” over the lid
- I applied “Virgin” on the brow bone and a little bit on the centre of the lid and the inner corner
- I used “Buck” for the crease, focussing on the outer half
- I used “Darkhorse” to line the outer half of the upper and lower lash line. I joined the two lines in a small flick.
- I used my Model’s own blending brush (from the mini brush set) to blend everything together
- I curled my lashes and applied Urban Decay Cannonball mascara
3. On the lips I first applied Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in “Romantic” (bright red) and then layered “Crush” on top to create a deep red.
I wore this look with my MaxMara jumper, that I bought for 9 pounds at a charity shop!